.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Don't Let the Music Stop

I must have around 300 CDs, collected over the years, racked by

  • Jazz
  • Pop
  • Foreign
  • Weirdo
  • Goof-off sounds
  • Classical orch
  • Opera
  • Albums I've 'retired' to give a rest
  • Etc

    A ton of which I no longer play.

    In company, it's different:

    With my bro, it might be an early Django or The Prez; Lonnie Johnson or Sam Hopkins. Bags meets Wes.

    For Mum: Peter, Paul and Mary, Burl Ives or Charlie Kunz. Charles Trenet.

    A date: Sweet: prep a nice dinner, sneak on a goldie oldie, surprise her: Santana, Bert Jansch, Mike Oldfield.

    Tonight, fave girl up from up from LA. Pasta 'n' salad, dry Fino kick off with the mezzès, muscular Chinon with the main course.

    Never heard Randy Newman, this chickadee, so I shoved on his Paradise album.

    I swear, that bad boy is impossible to have on the turntable and talk at the same time.

    His lyrics hypnotise.

    randy newman: trouble in paradise Track one, opening verse of "I Love LA":

    "Rollin' down the Imperial Highway,
    Big nasty redhead by my side,
    Santa Anna winds blowing hot from the north,
    We were born to ride.

    Roll down the window, put up the top,
    Crank up the Beach Boys, baby,
    Don't let the music stop,
    We gonna ride it 'til we just can't ride it no more."

    Magic.


  • Comments: Post a Comment


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Links
    ARCHIVES