.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 25, 2005

Laid Off #3

Dateline 1000hrs, Nov 24: Puzzlement.

Mails from O and M quoting my original mail with the news that

  • Apart from me, no one has told them anything about my leaving.
  • There seems to be a new voice on my phone line, as of 0900hrs the next day, Tues Nov 22. Pushy and direct, unbriefed on what's what.
  • No news of planned overseer in head office to liaise with Bainbridege branch over traffic.
  • What's going on?

    Customers: heart-warming sympathy, not a few from dudes who turn out to own their own company and offering interviews.

    Reply to all: to former colleagues asking them to hold fast and wait - and, please, keep this under their belt.

    I'm applying for new jobs and I need the CEO's promised glowing reference.

    Drive past old office and see F on his wi-fi phone out on the deck with a new face; sharp-faced lady.


  • Comments: Post a Comment


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Links
    ARCHIVES