Friday, October 07, 2005
Top 50 Millennial Movies
I love lists.
Here's Stylus mag's pick of the the unimpeachable and unarguable Top 50 Movies of 2000 to 2005.
Some quite astute comments, tho' I won't mention where in case some respected reader disagrees and I have to hastily backtrack.
My own magisterial pronouncement on what's *really* hip 'n' happening will follow once I've checked what David Thomson has to say.
Comments: Ashley speaks true.
- What on earth is "I ♥ Huckabees" doing there?
- Likewise, "Punch Drunk Love". If Sandler, "Spanglish", surely?
- Ditto Ron Burgundy. Amusing, but not listworthy here.
- I'm probably - I am - breaking an NDA, but Breillat's "Fat Girl"/"À Ma Soeur" was a festival secret screening a few years back, and sombre was the crowd that shuffled out into the Sunday sunshine.
- "24-Hour Party People" - yes, for the remarkable Steve Coogan whose tour-de-force with Al Molina transforms Coffee and Cigarettes
Links to this post: