.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Testing of Valerie Ryan

Congratulations to Mrs Jeff Bezos (of Amazon fame) for placing her first novel, The Testing of Luther Albright, with Fourth Estate for an August publication.

I trust someone has already been allocated to keep the book's sales rank suitably tweaked for a good showing on hubby's online retail site.

Certainly, Amazon's house reviewer knows on which side her pay cheque's buttered.

Quoth the perceptive Valerie Ryan:

"A début novel that heralds the beginning of what bodes to be a substantial writing career ... rich with symbolism ... the beauty of Bezos's writing ... Bezos writes with complete control of her material. She makes the reader eager to know what's next."

Substantial career, eh? Complete control, by jove. Even got *me* wanting to know what's next.

I'm now intrigued enough to have the publishers add me to their review list.

If La Bezos does indeed pass muster, I shall at no charge to my chums at The Bookseller and Publishing News submit my verdict on Luther's chances in the UK market.


Comments:
Hullo Chris,
I like your lively and well-written blog. One request tho : more local stuff. You know, like on all the haps here on the island. What's your take on Gormley Gate, the music scene, local businesses, crime, politics, scandal, murder and meyhem...
 
To whoever the "anonymous" was that wrote
".....One request tho : more local stuff. You know, like on all the haps here on the island. What's your take on Gormley Gate, the music scene, local businesses, crime, politics, scandal, murder and meyhem..."

# posted by Anonymous : 10:49 AM

I didn't know this was a request blog. If you want "local stuff" why not read Bainbridge Bulletin or Bainbridge Beat? Some of Busker's readers are not interested in "local stuff".
 
I agree with anon2. I, for one, love, love, love the Busker's always entertaining takes on life beyond the island. I have followed many of his links, not always totally to my liking, but at least he puts them out there. There are many blogs that focus on BI, Bainbridge Beat being just one of them. (And even I occasionally stray beyond our shores.) Keep it up, Busker!
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES