.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 18, 2005

tinted busker

BUSKER

First-time Friday hootenanny ~ one of the happiest evenings I've enjoyed for many a moon.

Some of the Island's sternest six-string maestros were there and we had a good time.

I was pretty knackered (as the photos show) but the energy pumping from the room kept me aloft.


busker with mike murrayThat burly chap on the banjo is the one and only Mike Murray.

Mike is one of the grittiest authentic singers and banjo players I know and when he delivers the Battle of New Orleans I know I'm tinted pic
hearing it the way it was meant to be sung.

It was almost certainly men like Mike who sent Redcoats like me hotfooting it "down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico ... through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go".

One of the few shots you have of me with my Taylor.

busker
It was the ever-friendly Georgia who offered me a slot to sing and with all those high-powered crooners and pickers there, I chose songs everyone could join in on.

I also fitted in some own compositions that went down well and which the assembled company seemed to wrap their chords round sans problem.

Good times.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES