.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

grad party

8th Grade Graduation

Rule Uno Unissimi: never post pics of ones belovèds for the easier preying of villains out there.

Well ... daughter #2's grad fête was a gas and I've never seen so many finery-decked 14-yr-old sophistiquées on parade.

My own Honors Student cherie looked like dynamite and rocked as if the party were in *her* honor.8th grade grad - Rose
Left, my babe with a young chap who went very shy when he heard my Oxford tones and found I was actual *papa*, complete with bullwhip in my back pocket. Right, her best pal with un-nervingly handsome and self-possessed young man.

Drat! I rather liked the photo that *was* to the right with The Gal looking faux surprised and shy young chap playing it respectful and cool. But She wanted it down so down it comes, leaving a horrid gap. I'll see what else I've got from the Schoolapalooza.

But 'pon my soul, the young these days are a terrifyingly cool bunch.

Hard for a parent to remember that they're still utter babes and need the requisite mix of harsh discipline, guidance, adoration and water 'n' gruel diet.

Being totally under mamzel's thumb and entwinèd by her pinkie, I am pathetically unable to deliver a scintilla of anything from that list.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES