Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Round and About
- May 21 A letter appears in our BI Review warning against the over-foliag'd Madison/High School roundabout.
- The hand-wringing language is too good to resist responding to.
- May 25 The Editor is good enough to print my unpleasant sniping reply.
- May 28 Some berk responds, citing highway horticulture as she is practised in Germany and thoroughly putting me in my place.
- June 1 Despite the Review's reassuring policy of listing only the vaguest whereabouts of its correspondents, I receive not one but *two* phone calls at home, both of them alerting me that the original pro-prune lady has a duplicate letter appearing in a local Kitsap rag.
I'm not sure what they expect of me, but thank them civilly (albeit with distant frostiness) for this update.
But honestly, if law-abiding citizens can't lie abed without their noon-day snooze being disturbed on such trivia, I shall think very hard before firing off my next bit of juvenile nonsense.
Links to this post: