.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Language + Memory Access + Gesturing

The only advice my very shrewd mother gave me for my job quest was to cut down on my gestures during interviews.

This sapped my confidence further because I hate the idea of some effusive fop who can't communicate without waving my hands about in effeminate Latin-style gestures.

I immediately contacted pals and other family members to check how much of a windmill I actually am in conversation. None seemed aware of anything overly flamboyant - phew.

But now comes Science Daily to tell me that what I'm really doing is improving my access to language to get my story over even better. Also phew.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES