.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 15, 2005



Kung Fu Quotes

I always love those funny subtitles they dish up with the kung fu films.

I remember in my Hong Kong youth that John Peter Dunt's dad would take us to movies like River of No Return, Prince Valiant, and all those Alan Ladd heroics, while our amah and cook boy would haul us along to the local flea pit for the latest chop socky acrobatics.

Later on, my family got to know Run Run Shaw quite well and I saw quite a few new ones in the Shaw preview theatre before they hit general release.

I suppose I should have known I was a bound for penniless career in letters when mine was the only tinkle of laughter at some stricken actress wailing, "Oh dear! Mr Wong has died of freight."


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES