.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

french lesson

French Lesson

Mademoiselle has addressed an ultimatum.

She can support no longer my ignorance and inability to absorb by osmosis (or reflect) even a hint of chic - by which she means *Gallic* chic.

bientotI have been set some homework for which I understand there will be a test.

Et voilĂ . I have just now demonstrated my urgent need for such education, having nearly come a cropper in this very posting.

Under the impression that a certain phrase meant a cosseted and adored young thing, I was about to use it here before a svelte little cabbage glanced over my shoulder and delivered a resounding thwack round the lug 'ole with her copy of L'Alchimiste.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES