.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Parlez-vous Américain?

One of those comic linguistics sites I ostentatiously click around whenever I know native pals are watching.

I don't actually pay a blind bit of attention to them but I have pals of literary pretensions who take the whole thing seriously and very personally. Who am I to deprive them of their fix?

In this case, I like the amusing swipe at 'beastly mispronunciations' disguised as an 'Opinionated Guide For The Careful Speaker'.

What baffles me (but which I do not let on) is how on earth one even starts to distinguish beau from beastly boucheries?

From my travels and eavesdropping, everyone just sounds so splendidly American.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES