Thursday, March 10, 2005
Any Old Iron?Last night I was overtaken by an urge to boldly clean where no sponge had gone for many a moon - and stap me if I didn't uncover a bunch of untouched D-I-Y tools dating back to our early days when I too was under the Bainbridge bug of imagining myself a man about the house.
You know the sequence:
- Pen-pusher saves shekels to move to rural Bainbridge where he discovers Winslow Hardware (RIP) *and* Bay Hay & Feed
- Kits self out with manly gear and adds bowlegged equestrian roll to previously wimpish waddle.
- Buys a big ol'SUV to negotiate the gulches and gullies of their outback estate.
- Unused unopened Craftsman Random Orbit Sander
- Palm grip housing.
- 5" diameter pad
- Pre-punched adhesive backed discs, ideal for flat or curved surfaces
- 13,000 OPM
- Counterbalanced, lightweight design
- Full spin control feature with sealed slide switch
- Three packs (total 13) of sanding discs (43 x heavy duty, 5 x lite) which I'm throwing in free.
- An equally unused "American Camper" single burner propane stove
- No less than *two* 16.4 oz bottles of Coleman propane fuel
- A 32 oz can of KS-3 Premium Stripper (which I'm going to chuck in with whichever item sells first)
- A 1-quart can of Minwax® fast-drying polyurethane clear satin wood finish stain (ditto buckshee bonus gift to purchaser of sander or stove
Comments: Post a Comment
Links to this post: