Friday, February 18, 2005
Peter PannedWhat a brilliant bold cheeky coup of those who booked and those who let it slip thru, to have had the 10:15pm advert slot punctuating Martin Bashir's chilling exposé of the hapless Michael Jackson include a commercial for the Depp movie.
And what a sad, grisly story it is, too.
Jackson is clearly innocent, in the core meaning of that word, albeit suffering dementia juveniliae of the saddest kind. Unless he cops a plea along those lines, this will go harshly for him.
- Clearly, he performed all the acts described and in his mind they were caresses of fondness of beauty. Wherever he is, his fey mind and understanding of what's happening to him are wayy out there in the stratosphere and it saddens me to see this public breaking of such a butterfly.
- The text books will dissect this for years to come.
- Whoever Le Bon Dieu has as scriptwriter on this one, he's working overtime: if anything, the bit part actors are even more bizarre.
Next time frère Mikey feels flu-ish, sister LaToyah can step in and not even his attorney would spot the difference - except to remark how much heartier and handsome the noseless one is suddenly looking.
- Why is anyone surprised at the mothers who did - and continue to - allow their offspring to slip between MJ's nursery sheets? One only has to watch an episode of Super Nanny to gauge the state of parenthood in this country. Greed, denial, star-struck awe at the dosh the man was throwing around - all played a part. Nah - if we can do Ab'ou Ghraib, we can certainly blind eye the cavortings at Jackson's Xanadu.
- What I look forward to is the outpourings of the fondlees when they're old enough to think for themselves and finally accept there's no more $$ to be extorted.
- Lisa Marie? What was *that* little nuptialising all about? And what a babe *she* turned out to be, spitting image of The King and a lot of beauty from the exquisite Priscilla. Say what you will about El, he spotted a winner in the young Ms Beaulieu.
- Could there really be someone called Randy Tarraborrelli in this sorry saga? Surely that's more Rs in a name than anyone's entitled to in a lifetime?
Hélas, this circus has everything for a voracious public deprived the thrill of Christians and lions at dinner time.
Links to this post: