.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Nix Prolix

New Year's Rez (for the 30th year running): be less longwinded, especially now that I'm trying to craft blogs that even *I* might care to read. Everyone else manages and I only need clink on my links to read folks who set me good examples with entry.

Bad Movie Accents

New entry: Kyle MacLachlan in Touch of Pink in which he ponces around in faux posh gear à la Brit gentry of yesteryear. God knows which glottal stops he thought he was tapping but what emerges is a mix of German professor-meets-patina of cockney. Now I see that he's meant to be a Cary Grant revival, it's worse than I thought.

Others figuring high in this pantheon of parvenu pronunciations:

On the can-do side: Gwyneth Paltrow and Annette Bening (Being Julia), both faultless.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES