.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Travel is War

I love packing for long and distant journeys. Travel is war and traveling is how we handle the minefield.

As soon as I know I'm to be 'en voyage' I lay out a big basket for everything to be tossed into that I'll need. I may retrieve the items for daily use - camera, CDs, Greece/Italy-friendly lectronica, gizmos n gadgets - but they have a new home to which they're returned.

I pin a large plastic bag up for all documents I need - passports, travel details, memos to self of stuff to do - into which I toss everything, incl notes to self (write dave about car * do xmas cards (christina's address in outlook, terry's in diary #5 * car to garage 12/1 * send postdate checks to water/phone * set up credit card pre-pay * check all bookmarks in gmail * etc

One week before hand I sit down and collate everything and set a daily schedule for stuff to do/buy/phone. Email family for last ditch requests, after which they have no excuse to bitch once I am *there*; fat chance.

Two days before I panic: It's too quiet out there. Everything is too organised. I phone home demanding testing questions and turn testy at their failure to come up with any gaps ("I know, see if you can find my scarf I left somewhere in the-" "Got it. It'll be in the main suitcase." "Er ... I don't know if you remember, but Mum likes those gardening gloves that Bay Hay sells." "Got 2 pairs!"

"OK, then, well have you remembered to be a pre-flight total boring asshole to your family?"

"Check. Nice catch."


Comments:
Great blog. I enjoy reading info on travel canada I have a blog on a similar subject here travel canada
 
Greetings from the Canuck Border! It's all in good fun, so I thought you and your visitors might enjoy canadian black book in the form of an Invasion plan for our Northern Neighbors! Just for fun, folks.
 
Very Nice Blog (VNB). Well done.
Here a site on Cruise Packages:
Cruise, Luxury Cruise, Discounted cruises, Cheap Cruises, Cruise Travel, Cruise Deals, Cruise Vacation, Cruise Ship. Available for many destinations: Bermuda Cruise, Honeymoon Cruises, Bahamas Cruises, European Cruises and much more
 
Hi, your blog is fantastic! Well done!

I have a travel direction site/blog. It pretty much covers travel direction related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Come visit Canada's Free Online Community

http://www.keepingscore.ca
 
I dispatched your articles links to all my contacts and they all mate it including me.
cruise terminal transfers

 
Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES