.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 08, 2004

STUFF

Blocked again. Drat error message. Damn'd nuisance being jobless because this is the sort of thing I'd've enjoyed leaving on my screen at Parthenon Inc as I shambled off to lunch.

Patronising Labels - nice little Guardian piece echoing my own thoughts.

Return of Wilt: My test in late 1973 for taking over Secker's book publicity was to draft a press campaign for the new Melvyn Bragg novel (now 'Lord' Bragg -didn't our Melv do well?) and Tom Sharpe's brilliantly funny Porterhouse Blue.

Expertly edited by the late incomparable John Blackwell, Sharpe came to rule British humour and we became good friends.

The first appearance of 'Wilt' remains a classic and I'm pleased to see that the dude's back. My Xmas presents solved for 80% of those lucky enough to actually make it on to my gift list.

Virtue of Idleness - in case I wilt in my efforts to land that plum job, here's my couch reading.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES