Thursday, July 22, 2004
The OlympicsI have no real interest in the August Olympics in Athens but my Corfu-dwelling mama sends me updates on what sounds to a promising photo-finish.
Acording to mama up to a week or so back, it was typical Greek to leave everything to the last minute, but the Games would be safe. Now she is sounding less likely.
- If the Greeks can't raise tourism figures in this of all years, when can they?
- Are guns in or out? YES - or - NO?
- With security up to $1.5B, I'd start looking askance if I was some of the participating nations
- As mama says, always in the nick of time ... good example is the Village
- FInally, what better definition of the Games than the gambling farce?
Comments: Post a Comment
Links to this post: