.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 19, 2004

Ms Veirs recommends

Still I can't seem to tire of the divine Laura Veirs.

In her web site reports from the front, La V recommends one Joanna Newsom's Milk-Eyed Mender.

I listen to snippets online and she sounds like an 11-yr old with a decent band behind her. Rather more of an acquired taste than I'm using to caving in to, but I do and order it.

Meanwhile, Jolie Holland in interview on 99.4 FM. Nice twangy accent and feisty 'tude. Her studio rendering of 'Morphine' is if anything better than the album's.

I have ripped a copy of Veirs and Holland for Steph but refuse to do more for my pals: they must fork out the dosh and keep such talent solvent to keep making their music.


Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES