.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 16, 2004

Nuptial Gaiety

Absolutely riveted by the TV coverage of these same-sex marriages.

The lines outside the marriage bureau snake into infinity and as the camera cruises down at waist level, I gaze agog at the partnerings. If it was a parlour game to match them, I'd lose every time.

The first time it came on the news I thought they'd matched the wrong film to the story: burly close-cropped chaps with their winsome little ladies, here and there a 'pretty' with her less physically favoured best friend, no harm in that.

When it dawned on me, I couldn't get enough of the coverage. Just like the irresistible test of matching dogs to their owners.



Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES