.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Des copains d'antan

Deserved ticking off by the level-eyed EZ for not looking after myself. In fact, for positively jettisoning all efforts to build up my immune system. I have no answer.
She asks have I no friends to wrestle the bottle from my hand and hurl the Dave's Light cigs out the window. I have not, and it reminds me of Lamb's remark about 'Special friends of old with whom alone one can share a particular kind of joke, and relish or deplore in an intimate way passsing events. No one else will quite do. When one loses touch with such a contemporary, an important part of yourself dies, an important part, which you value and need, is there with them, leaving one diminished, smaller, ones range of pleasures and interests suddenly contracted."

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
ARCHIVES