.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 06, 2005

some design

Blinking Cool

Saturday March 6: Movie bonding time with the babe over Be Cool folowed by stroll to Eagle Harbor Books where my snap decision to buy the Gladwell was encouraged by the offer of seats at Monday's 7:30 pm signing.

As for the movie - 'Cool' *was* cool, and great fun with all the twists and tricks I've come to expect from my old author-client, 'Dutch' Leonard.

john n umaTravolta looking like trim and fitter than ever, and Uma T her usual simmering self.

It's a movie I'll also be taking out as a DVD, if only to see the fabulous Aerosmith concert footage, complete with dear leathery Steve Tyler draping an avuncular arm around mega-pert Christina Milian as Joe Perry totally hi-jacks the scene with a shredding solo that breezes the neck hairs.

I hadn't 'til now noticed how facially similar Tyler and Jagger are as front men - cavernous rubbery mouths, the sort of lined parchment faces that defy placing an age to.

But yes, the 'Blink' signing: the sales person who took my order took my details and confided that attendance was already over 100, so best not be late.

Now, I *thought* I was going for all the best reasons:

  • Hear the great man talk and read.
  • Hobnob with the Island literati
  • Get my copy signed for later showing off to all and sundry.

    Wrong.

    gladwellAs cool-eyed J points out, we're all only going to check the Gladwell coiffure: is he still in long-haired mode, as per the thatch he grew to prove the point about policier profiling, or is he back to short back 'n' sides and suitable for taking home to mother?

    I intend to get some decent photos to post and satisfy all curiosities.


  • Comments: Post a Comment


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Links
    ARCHIVES